Since the first Midnight Walk in 2007, our Walkers have helped to raise more than £500,000 for local people living with terminal illness and bereavement. This is an incredible achievement and something we should all be very proud of.
We’ve put together a list of top tips to help you make the most of your sponsorship
- Never leave home without your sponsor form – the moment will be lost if you don’t have it to hand.
- Recruit your biggest sponsors first – this will encourage the following sponsors to increase their support.
- Make sure everyone who sponsors you claims Gift Aid. Gift Aid allows UK charities to reclaim tax from the Inland Revenue on every £1 donated by UK taxpayers. So, for every pound you raise, an extra 25p will be donated at no extra cost to you. Simply ask your sponsors to provide their home postcode and tick the Gift Aid box. Simple!
- Ask people to sponsor you up front if possible, as it can be very time-consuming for you to collect sponsorship money after the event.
- Ask your employer to match whatever you raise – this could automatically double your fundraising.
- Spread the word! Ask your company to include your story in your company newsletter or website and pin your sponsor form to the staff room notice board.
- Email everyone on your contact list, tell them what you’re doing and include a link to the www.midnight-walk.org website or to www.justgiving.com.
- And finally – ask! Most people will be more than willing to support your fundraising efforts when they hear what you’re doing and why.
If you have any questions or queries about gathering your sponsorship, just call Saint Michael’s on (01423) 879 687 or see if your question is answered in our FAQs.