TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure you have read and agree to the terms and conditions before registering your place on the Midnight Walk 2012, supported by Engage Mutual.
1. Only pre-registered participants are eligible to take part in the Midnight Walk 2012 supported by Engage Mutual. Participants must complete and return an official registration form with the correct non-refundable registration fee no later than Friday June 15, 2012.
2. Registration fee. The registration fee contributes to the cost of staging of the event and includes your walker pack.
a. Adults. The early bird registration fee is £10 for all entries received before March 31, 2012. The registration fee for any entries received after that date is £12.
b. Children (under age of 16). The registration fee is £6.
c. On the night. The Midnight Walk may accept entries on the night at a registration fee of £20.
3. Transfer of places is not permitted. If, once registered, you are unable to attend the event you must inform Saint Michael’s as soon as possible.
4. Sponsor forms will be sent to you with your confirmation letter and must be returned along with the funds raised after the event.
5. There is no minimum sponsorship figure, however we ask that all participants raise as much as possible to support the services provided by Saint Michael’s.
6. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship money received by you for the Midnight Walk 2012 is paid directly to Saint Michael’s Hospice by August 30, 2012. Please return your sponsorship form along with a cheque made payable to “Saint Michael’s Hospice” to:
Midnight Walk 2012
Saint Michael’s Hospice
Hornbeam Park Avenue
7. You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money that you raise in relation to the Midnight Walk 2012 to pay for your expenses. If you do not pass all the money that you raise to Saint Michael’s Hospice, you may be committing a criminal offence.
8. Please note that we are unable to accept your sponsorship money on the night of the event, as Saint Michael’s do not have the suitable cash handling facilities to fulfil this process.
9. Prior to the event, each walker will receive an individual walker number and wristband. Please ensure you wear them both on the night. All participants must be accounted for throughout the route. Your personalised wristband should be handed to the stewards at the half way point. These numbers are unique and therefore must not be swapped with other participants.
10. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who has also registered for the event. Contact details of the responsible adult must be supplied as the guardian on registration.
11. For your safety and enjoyment of the event we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the organisers and volunteers. Please do not walk on roads or disrupt the normal flow of traffic and please make use of official crossings available.
12. If you are unable to complete the walk in full you must inform a steward that you are unable to continue and hand in your walker number. Assistance can be sought if required. Saint Michael’s recommend that where possible participants should walk with an acquaintance or stay near other participants.
13. No dogs except assistance, PAT and authorised security dogs are to be brought on the Midnight Walk 2012, within the perimeter fence of the Yorkshire Events Centre or during any part of the route.
14. This event involves sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither Saint Michael’s nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity. Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event.
15. Saint Michael’s and its affiliates cannot supply clothing or equipment for participants during this event. Walkers are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity. We ask all walkers to come equipped with a lightweight torch for extra support and visibility.
16. The organisers aim to ensure the commencement of the event even in all weather conditions; however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for bulletins through local media and the official website at www.midnight-walk.org
17. Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, the organisers will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made.
18. No alcohol is permitted at the event. Saint Michael’s reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to registration or during the event.
19. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise the event and Saint Michael’s generally. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform Saint Michael’s of such requirements.
20. Saint Michael’s reserves the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to the Midnight Walk 2012 at any time prior to the event. All participants will be provided with any updated terms and conditions in advance of the event or on the night of the Walk.